Kinslee's AMAZING Chickpea and Caraway Soup
*** Thanks to Kinslee for her help and cooking talents for preparing this delicious meal***
(1) lb cubed lamb or beef
(2) onions peeled and minced
(1) can of chickpeas
(1) heaping tablespoon of green lentils
(1) bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
(1) small stalk of celery, chopped
(2) teaspoons of salt
(1) cinnamon stick
(1) teaspoon each: ground ginger, ground black pepper, paprika, ground cumin, and ground turmeric
(4) cups of beef stock or water
(1) 28oz can of tomato puree
(3) tablespoons of tomato paste
(1) bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
(1) teaspoon caraway seeds
1. Combine lamb/beef, onions, lentils, parsley, celery, and salt in large pot.
2. Add the spices, cover with stock or water and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 ½ hours.
4. When the lentils are soft, add chickpeas, tomato puree, tomato paste, fresh coriander leaves, and caraway seeds. 5. Cook for another 5 minutes. If soup becomes thick, add water as needed. Same goes for salt and pepper, add as needed for taste.